Directions and Map
Gatewood Elementary Directions and Map
4320 SW Myrtle Street
Seattle, WA 98136
Directions Coming from I-5 Northbound or Southbound
- Take the exit 135 onto West Seattle Bridge
- Continue straight at traffic light (stay on Fauntleroy Way SW)
- Road will split, stay to the left, continue on Fauntleroy Way SW
- Turn left at California Ave SW
- Turn right on SW Myrtle Street
There is street parking located around Gatewood and there is a small parking lot on the North side of the building on SW Frontenac Street. Please pay attention to the posted parking restrictions or you may be ticketed or towed.
- At 7:50 a.m., all students will line up on their classroom number at the playground.
- Starting at 7:51 a.m., the Gatewood teachers on rotating duty will begin to dismiss classrooms in a regular rotation to enter the building through the cafeteria doors.
- Teachers will provide supervision on the playground, in the cafeteria, and in the hallways while students transition in line from the playground to their classroom.
- All students will be greeted at the door by their classroom teacher when they arrive to their classroom.
Pick Up Transition
To expedite the “car pick-up” process, teachers will send students who are typically picked up by a car to the garden area to wait to be escorted to their vehicles by a staff member. Teachers will walk outside with their classes, and will come inside after most of the class is picked up (no later than 2:30 p.m.).
Note: If you are picking your child up from school after 2:30 p.m., you will need to park your car and walk into the building’s front office to meet your child. The front office will not be allowed to send students out to the parking lot without their parent present to escort them.