News and Events
Gatewood Math Committee
Please do not drop your children off at school before 8:15 AM. There is no adult supervision before then and we have a number of students who are wandering the halls and playing in the building before teachers arrive for work.
On Rainy Day Mornings
We will call rainy day morning at if there is heavy rain, thunder, or lightning. If it is a light drizzle, we will have outdoor recess so make sure your child dresses appropriately with rain gear. If the office staff calls rainy day at , there will be supervision in the following areas:
- Grades 4/5 in the gym
- Grades 2/3 in the library
- Grades K/1 in the lunchroom
There are news reports the Enterovirus, which is causing illness in children across the Midwest, may be in the Seattle area. With cold and flu season upon us, it's a good time to review how students can do their best to avoid catching or sharing colds and flu this season.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Avoid kissing, hugging, and sharing cups or eating utensils with people who are sick
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs, especially if someone is sick
- Catch your cough in your sleeve to reduce spread
- Prevent other flu viruses by getting your flu shot
Also, please become familiar with the SPS guidelines on when to keep students home from school, including when they have a fever, persistent cough, diarrhea, or vomiting. The full list is available here: When to Stay Home
Here in our school we are taking extra precautions against viruses by wiping down frequently touched surfaces including desks, keyboards, drinking fountains, as well as common areas such as bathrooms and the cafeteria.
For more information on Enterovitus, here is a helpful link from CDC: Enterovirus