Directions & Student Pick Up/Drop Off Procedures
4320 SW Myrtle Street
Seattle, WA 98136
Directions Coming From I-5 Northbound or Southbound
- Take the exit 135 onto West Seattle Bridge
- Continue straight at traffic light (stay on Fauntleroy Way SW)
- Road will split, stay to the left, continue on Fauntleroy Way SW
- Turn left at California Ave SW
- Turn right on SW Myrtle Street
There is street parking located around Gatewood and there is a small parking lot on the North side of the building on SW Frontenac Street. Please pay attention to the posted parking restrictions or you may be ticketed or towed.
Gatewood Student Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
When picking up or dropping off students at Gatewood - STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE, unless you are parked in a legal parking spot.
Remember, "Right Turns Get Us Right Home." When you approach, enter/exit and depart the parking lot, you should always be making right turns. See diagram for further clarification...
Key points to remember when picking up or dropping off:
- Do not leave your vehicle in the school lot unless it is in a legal parking spot.
- Obey street parking restrictions - Do not park in "No Parking Zones," alleys, in or near a crosswalk, loading zones, bus zones or fire hydrants.
- For our student's safety, use cross walks and let your child unload in the parking lot.
- Drive Eastbound (uphill) on SW Fontenac to get in line for pick up/drop off. Waiting is okay on the street in the curb lane (facing Eastbound) if you are IN your car and ready to move. (If you are out of your vehicle, you will be ticketed.)
- Form ONE lane in the lot to the right for actively loading/unloading students. Pull forward as far as safely possible.
- Staff will assist students to proceed safely and promptly from the sidewalk to vehicles. Drivers remain in vehicles.
- Use the left lane in the parking lot to pull out and exit the lot as soon as unloading/loading is complete.
- Exit lot by making a right turn Eastbound on SW Frontenac Street.
This plan has been developed with input from Seattle Department of Transportation, Seattle Public Schools, Seattle Police Department, National Safe Routes to Schools Program, Gatewood staff, parents and local neighborhood input. Please do your part to keep our students safe.
If you do have a problem, do not create a confrontation; instead call Seattle Police Department, Parking Enforcement Division at (206)625-5011 (menu option 8) to report a non-emergency parking problem.